httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Gebauer <peter.geba...@bluefront.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.50 adds UTF-8 in header by default even though AddDefaultCharset is Off.
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:52:37 GMT
Hello!

I have Apache 2.0.50 setup in a Debian system.

I have tried commenting and setting AddDefaultCharset Off, but the UTF-8
encoding is still added for the Content-Type header unless I explicitly set
it in a CGI, etc.

My static text and HTML files are ISO-8859-1 encoded, the system has no
UTF-8 locales installed and I've commented all AddCharset except the
ISO-8859-1, so how can Apache still add the header?
I have checked the mime control file, it contains no encoding information at
all.

Is there any way to turn this behaviour off?

Also, it only adds the header if I make a HTTP 1.1 request, for 1.0 requests
the Content-Type header is not added.

/Peter Gebauer