httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaul, Rohit \(EM, RAIL, TATA, CONSULTANT\)" <rohit.k...@ge.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] child pid 27536 exit signal Bus error (10)
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:13:02 GMT
Hi All,
	Our problem seems to be resolved.
What solved our problem was probably - using Openssl 0.9.6d instead of Openssl 0.9.6c and
also then installing Apache 2.0.48 again.

Thanks for all the help and information

Rohit

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:jslive@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 1:07 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] child pid 27536 exit signal Bus error (10)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:26:49 -0400, Kaul, Rohit (EM, RAIL, TATA,
CONSULTANT) <rohit.kaul@ge.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>         I tried to debug the problem we are facing by running the httpd process in a
single user mode and then running truss to finally see how the process gets killed - (thanks
to John for that..!!!)

> This is the error that I got in the truss log -
> 1529: Incurred fault #5, FLTACCESS %pc = 0xFF3411C0
> 1529: siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0x0012E0CF
> 1529: Received signal #10, SIGBUS [default]
> 1529: siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0x0012E0CF
> 1529: *** process killed ***

I don't see anything useful there.  You should look a few lines back however.

Next step is to use gdb to get a backtrace from the coredump.  Use the
link I sent you early-on in this thread to find instructions.

Joshua.