httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Phil Ewington - 43 Plc" <phil.ewing...@43plc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Port based vhosts
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:06:51 GMT

> > Do you have a Listen directive for each port?
>
> Yes, I have tried these two formats...
>
> Listen 80
> Listen 8080
>
> &
>
> Listen 0.0.0.0:80
> Listen 0.0.0.0:8080
>
> > The other thing to check is firewalls.  They commonly allow only
> > specific ports.
>
> Checked this, unplugged myself from our local firewall and killed
> portsentry
> daemon running on the server, still the same result! A blank page is
> displayed. Again no errors on restarting httpd.
>
> - Phil.

Further to this, the following is the HTTP response headers from an HTTP
request to the address I expect this vhost to respond to...

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:02:22 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
Accept-Ranges: bytes

I have checked and double checked that the DocumentRoot directive is correct
and there is content there :o)

- Phil.
---