httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ApacheCore.dll errors with SSL (W2k3)
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:15:52 GMT
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:08:07 -0400, Jeff <jdyke@azimapower.com> wrote:
> So I guess i have two questions.  Is there anything i can do for the
> ApacheCore.dll errors.

You should probably try on the mod_ssl mailing list, since the 1.3
version is still produced externally.

> Can Apache2 be built on windows in prefork mode so the possible
> threading problems of php libs can be mitigated.

This reveals a misconception which I am afraid is common.  Apache 1.3
on windows is threaded, so any statement that you should favor
php+apache1.3 over php+apache2 on windows because of threading issues
is completely false.  And to more directly answer your question, no,
there is no way to use a non-threaded apache on windows in either
version 1.3 or version 2.0.

Joshua.