httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt \"Cyber Dog\" LaPlante" <webmas...@cyberdogtech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authenticate from Multiple Sources
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 05:11:34 GMT
Is it possible using Apache 2.0.x to authenticate user logins against
multiple sources?  For example I currently have a server where certain
directories authenticate against the generic Apache password file, and other
directories authenticate against the system itself (system users).  Is it
possible to specify more than one authentication source for a directory?
For example if I want to give administrators with system accounts access by
authenticating against the system, but give other users who don't have
general system accounts access by also checking a password file?  I'm
generally trying to avoid creating system accounts for non-priviledged users
who need access only to certain web folders.  At the same time, the admins
who do have system access like having their logins all centralized on the
system.  Thanks.