httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Kühl <bernd.ku...@verdisoft.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP PUT and interrupted connections
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:21:41 GMT

Hello,

I currently have the use case that a mobile device uploads (HTTP PUT) files (log files, images...)
to an Apache server that acts as a simple file storage server. Unfortunately it happens from
time to time that the device connection (GPRS) gets interrupted while the file upload from
the device to the Apache server is in progress.

To save costs, traffic and bandwidth we want to continue the upload in this case (HTTP HEAD
to get the number of already uploaded bytes, followed by a HTTP PUT with correct Content-Range).

Unfortunately Apache removes the uploaded (partial) file when the connection gets interrupted
and therefore the above idea does not work right now.

Now my questions (I'm an Apache newbie):

* How can I configure Apache to not remove the uploaded file when the connection gets interrupted?

* What module is currently processing the HTTP PUT?

Thx,

Bernd