httpd-users mailing list archives

From PMilan...@nypl.org
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Hide url into browser
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:59:53 GMT
mod_rewrite can do this to some extent, depending on what exactly you
want. Your initial request is kind of vague. If you want EVERY page to
appear as www.test.com, you can handle it with POST requests in a
scriptable language (php or perl or something) and have a fancy navigation
system within that script that gets the content and streams it back. This
can get ugly if not done right though. It also messes up the bookmark
capability.

Ewww... Flash is bad... Bad bad bad...