httpd-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin <benja...@netyantra.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] conditional listen???
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:29:38 GMT
Wot is the default directory into which this IfDefine directive will
look for the said script.

I tried all combinations under /home/user/apache/ ,
/home/user/apache/conf, /home/user/apache/bin/ or the directory from
where I call httpd.
the directive inside httpd.conf looks somethign like this:

<IfDefine IPAvailable>
Listen 12.34.56.89:80
</IfDefine>

Unless i specify the complete path in the IfDefine like :
<IfDefine /home/user/apache/IPavailable>
Listen 12.34.56.89:80
</IfDefine>

and also along with the -D option for httpd
ie. httpd -D /home/user/apache/IPavailable

it duz not seem to work.

Shud the script be under the ServerRoot , which is /home/user/apache/ for me.

Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:21:46 +0530, Benjamin <benjamin@netyantra.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there any way to tell apache to check the existence of the IP, if not
>>do something else.
>>

>Not that I know of.  I would simply write a simple script that checked
>if the IP was available and started apache with, for example
>"apachectl -D IPAvailable".  Then you can include in your config an
><IfDefine IPAvailable> section that will only be used in that case.
>
>Joshua.

Benjamin Jacob.

Disclaimer :
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission to whom it is
addressed, or have received this transmission in error, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission
is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately and delete this e-mail
from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission, which cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, arrive at wrong address or contain viruses. If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version.  This e-mail contains only the
personal opinions of the sender and does not represent an official
communication from NetYantra of any manner.