httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Zagarello <bz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] html files not in root directory
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:18:30 GMT

--- Bilal Dar <bdar@pbad.sbg.com.sa> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am not able to figure out which thing to use
> exactly. I have an html file
> "/var/zz/yy/ww/x.html", now I want to get it
> working. I am not sure exactly
> what do I need to use here maybe alias or something
> else.
>

> Thanks.

Normally your html web starts in DocumentRoot which is
defined in your httpd.conf file.  If you want to
change where your web starts just stop Apache, change
this string and restart.  This string must be changed
for DocumentRoot and the Directory directive for this
directory, also in hhtpd.conf.

"Oh fools, so hard do ye tread the mines lain at Golgotha in search of reality for the sake
of truth, only to find it and despair !  Yes, Death is reality and true, but it need not be
your calling !"
-  The Christologic Clown.