httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vanga <Pitchi.Va...@vdh.virginia.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy server set-up problem
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:00:19 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Apr 12, 2005 1:23 PM, Vanga <Pitchi.Vanga@vdh.virginia.gov> wrote:
>

>>This is a J2EE application. Normally the jsp pages, servlets or EJBs are
>>secured by declaring security constraints.
>>display.do is one of them. The auth server is a single sign-on server
>>(which is also a J2EE app server with an apache
>>

>[......]
>
>I understand all that.
>
>But you say that the browser eventually bypasses the proxy and goes
>directly to the back-end.  Exactly what is the trigger for the browser
>to do that?  Is it following a link that references the backend
>server?  Is there some funky javascript?  Is a redirect being sent
>pointing at the back-end server?  If so, what exactly does the
>redirect look like.
>
>Joshua.

I am not using JavaScript at all.  It is a vanilla struts app. I am
suspecting that appserver is redirecting to authserver.
But I do not know how proxy is getting bypassed. Come to think of it,
probably I should take your cue
and run the browser in debug/trace mode and dump all the info. and see
what is happening between browser and web server.
I do not know how I can do this with Internet Explorer. Do you know of
any browser that can do this?

Thanks

Vanga