httpd-users mailing list archives

From joshua hough <j...@openc.k12.or.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re-Post: rewrite backslash to forward slash
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:34:11 GMT
On Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:03 AM +0200 herauthon wrote:
> ? in what original form are they

Not sure if I understand the question, but just standard HTTP requests sent
from users browsing among pages of our help text.  The help text generator
writes HTML intended for the Windows desktop only, not for the Web.  We'd
like to use it for the Web anyway.  Of course everything works fine in
Internet Explorer, which considers slash and backslash the same.  But other
browsers get 404 errors.

> ? from what format to what format

Format?

> ? what is the used OS

Server is Red Hat Linux.

> ? can perl scripts be used to stream the files?

Too complicated.  Can't Apache simply be told to rewrite a backslash to a
slash?
Thanks again,
Josh