httpd-users mailing list archives

From The Disguised Jedi <disguised.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie problem: LoadModule php4_module
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:08:16 GMT
you need to have php4ts.dll in the bin area for apache and add this to your
httpd.conf

LoadModule php4_module "C:\path\to\php4apache.dll"

that will get you going.

Ivan is correct...you really should think about upgrading to WinXP or 2000,
it's not safe to run it on 9x

Hope it helps!

On 4/20/05, Ivan Barrera A. <Bruce@ivn.cl> wrote:

> richard harris wrote:
> > I'm attempting to configure/use Apache 1.3.33 in
> > conjunction with PHP 4.3.10 on Win98se as a test bed
> > for a website. (I'm using those particular versions
> > of the server and PHP to mirror the webhost I plan to
> > use.)
>
> First.. apache is not supposed to be run on win9x.
>
> > I'm brand new to PHP, MySQL (4.0.16, btw), and Apache,
> > but everything appears to be in order from what I've
> > been reading except:
> >
> > I'm "supposed to" add the command "LoadModule
> > php4_module libexec/libphp4.so" to my Apache
> > httpd.conf (or activate it, if it existed, which it
> > doesn't) but the module itself is not there.
>
> If it is windows, you should add it as a cgi, or add the php4ts.dll or
> similar, i dont remember exactly.
>

> > A multitude of bad things happen when I attempt to
> > execute any PHP scripts with or without that statement
> > included in httpd.conf.
> >
> > I'm sure this is one of those Silly Newbie problems
> > that shouldn't be clogging up the mailing list; I
> > would appreciate any help off-list. Beratement
> > optional.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Richard

> > http://mail.yahoo.com

The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi@gmail.com

Now you have my $0.02. Or .01 Pounds, .014 Euros, or $0.025 CAN. I'm
world-wide BABY!
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Go to school, become evil"

Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. However,
I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are subject to other's
criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free