httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun T. Erickson" <sterick...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem redirecting http to https
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:40:14 GMT
We have a site, defined in the main section of httpd.conf (not as a
virtual host). We got, and installed, an ssl certificate, and created
an ssl virtual host container that points to the same place as the
main site. I've been able to access the site via http or https. Now, I
need to change this so that the site can only be accessed via https.

I tried putting this in httpd.conf:

Redirect permanent / https://fqdn.of_our_site.net/

but this doesn't work. When I try to go to
https://fqdn.of_our_site.net/jsp/login.jsp, the ssl access log shows
that it's loading /jsp/login.jsp over and over and over ...

How do I do this correctly?
--
        -ste