httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Donker <l...@webpagina.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can this be Done?
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 11:49:23 GMT
NetSuporte wrote:

> Interesting comment as we "elderly" started this stuff,
> before the Internet or windows I used a 300 baud dial up modem to
> connect to several BBS's
> where I downloaded slackware to a floppy and installed Linux on a 486
> 20MHz 256KB dos system.
>
> Any way moving on creating my own web server/host is a new adventure.
>
> -philip

Haha, indeed, I was one of those BBS addicts as well. However, I am of
'much' younger age; a mere 37 years. Anyway, my comment was just to
mention that people 'of age' usually arent that computer oriented.
Looking at my own dad is a perfect example. He barely knows how to
switch the thing on and do some basic webstuff. It is a *good* thing to
see that 'older' people are still active on this matter as they carry
along a whole load of valuable knowlegde. Maybe not on the subject
discussed here, but from a different point of view additions can be made
in such a way that 'usual' users wouldnt have come up with.

-Patrick