httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sten Fredriksson <stenfredriks...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Big apache setup
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 06:48:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm in a project migrating several diffrent platforms into one singe.
The current VirtualHost count is about 200k and I wonder how you guys
are handling VirtualHosts in large setups? (php+suexec etc).

Using traditional config file is not going to work. mod_vhost_alias
will work but then there are some specialized VirtualHost configuration
for some of the vhosts (like enabling mod_python etc..) and then I'm back
to having like 30k vhosts in configuration file and it will take forever
to restart the httpd process....

--
Regards Sten Fredriksson
stenfredriksson@gmail.com