httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Lomas" <mlo...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Win2k Apache crash -> error rpt -> but where?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:20:57 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to debug an Apache 2.0.54 crash that is happening a couple of times a day on my
Win2k SP4 box. The PC pops up a window that says:

"Apache.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the
program. An error log is being created."

Apache does in fact survive the error (or is it being restarted unbeknown to me?).

The Apache error log entry that seems to correspond is:

Parent: child process exited with status 3221225725 -- Restarting.

I understand this is a stack overflow - possibly an endless loop in a script or the like?

Q#1: I can never find the error log - not in event viewer, not in Apache's logs, nowhere I
can find. Any idea where to look?

Q#2: Any tips on how to resolve the whole situation?

Many thanks,
Martin