httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oskar Eyb <oskar-apa...@eyb.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Firefox can't connect to the SSL-Host (IE does) - exit signal Bus error (10)
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 21:48:03 GMT
Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

> Try to connect to the httpd using the following:
>
> openssl s_client -connect youripaddress:443, and let me know if this
> works (it should spit out normal http) once it's connected.  You should
> get a blank, at which point you should be able to type "get /" and get
> some SSL output.

Server (FreeBSD)

CONNECTED(00000003)
16506:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure:/usr/src/secure/lib/libssl/../../../crypto/openssl/ssl/s23_lib.c:226:

And the same from a remote Debian Linux box:

CONNECTED(00000003)
2787:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure:s23_lib.c:226:

And  "exit signal Bus error (10)" in the error-log.

> Also, have you properly given your PRNG a good entropy source, like an
> IRQ or something?

Where can I configure this?
Until a few days it works...

Very interesting, that I can access the SSL-host with Internet Explorer
without any problems (no error message from the browser or the Apache
logfile). Does Mircosoft ignore something? (As known, HTML-Standards etc)

Oskar