From: ravi.muthukaruppan@wipro.com [mailto:ravi.muthukaruppan@wipro.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 04:17
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] RAM Allocation.

Hi All,

I'm using Apache 1.3.28 on Solaris 8 loaded on Sun-Fire-280R server, having 2x1.2GHz CPU/ 6GB RAM.

Recently it happened twice that the the number of httpd processes went around 200, the Swap  ( 4GB ) space got filled up and apache stopped serving requests.

At the same time, I observed that the total the physical RAM usage was low, which was 1.3 GB out of 6GB.

Is there a possibility that we can allocate more RAM to httpd processes so that swap is less used and apache serves more requests ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ravi.

Confidentiality Notice