httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael" <Mich...@bio-world.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Speed
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:56:40 GMT
I`m sorry for providing wrong link to you guys but i`m on the lan and when i
typed in the address it was working and i forgot that i was on the lan. hehe
Anyway please take look again at http://new.bio-world.com and help me figure
out why the page stops for 2 seconds after each click?.
Second question arrised when i was playing with apache: when you click on
the above link the address will redirect you to http://ip/bioworld . How can
i maintain the new.bio-world.com name instead of that ip ? Would that be the
servername in httpd.conf ??
----- Original Message -----
From: "Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV" <Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 2:45 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Speed

Christopher;

I do not think so.

new.bio-world.com is resolved correctly. The problem is that it makes a
redirect to http://192.168.1.15/bioworld/.

Some thoughts:
- new.bio-world.com is a reverse proxy that forwards requests to
192.168.1.15 but does not include adequate ProxyPassReverse directives. When
the backend server issues a redirect, the Location header is not rewritten.
- new.bio-world.com is NAT'ed to the internal address 192.168.1.15. It
issues a redirect, but since the ServerName 192.168.1.15 and
UseCanonicalName On, it redirects to the internal address. To me the
solution in that case would be to set ServerName new.bio-world.com

So Mike, do not touch your DNS configuration. It's just dandy. Fix your
Apache configuration.

-ascs

PS: Here's the output of HTTPWatch. (Think I'll buy some stocks in Simtec)

Started Time Size Meth Result Type URL
 00:00:00.000 0.423 452 GET 302 Redirect to http://192.168.1.15/bioworld/
http://new.bio-world.com/
 00:00:00.444 7.523 * GET Aborted * http://192.168.1.15/bioworld/