httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Sherwood" <jsherw...@rgisolutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect/Rewrite question
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:54:26 GMT
Scenario:

I have an apache server on a global ip and one behind a firewall attached to tomcat via mod_jk.
 I would like to redirect or rewrite from the global apache to the one behind the firewall.

What I have done:
I am trying to do a rewrite and it is working somewhat.  This is what I used:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName test.somewhere.com
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^test\.somewhere\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://192.146.293.40$1 [p]
</VirtualHost>

This works in the aspect that it does rewirte to the internal server.  The problem is that
the server seems to recgonize it as a localhost request.

I am trying to get it so a virtual host on the internal server grabs it, one like:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName test.somewhere.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/site
</Virtualhost>

Basically I am going to open up the server behind the firewall to a global ip.  But to avoid
the 72hour doman delay, I want to just use apache to redirect the urls to the new server and
have the new server recgonize it as the original url

Any help would be greatly Appreciated!

James