httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <d...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Possible to add columns to dir listings?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:25:22 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Jaeger wrote:

It can't be done through plain htaccess.

You have three options.

1) Hack the source code for mod_autoindex.  Ugly.

2) Find an alternate module that does this.  Hard.

3) Write something in the language of your choice (perl, php, c, python)
that does this, and define it as the "last resort" of your directoryindex,
for example DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
index.php cgi-bin/newlister.cgi (this is not part of the apache distro,
it's something you would have to write.  I consider this easier to do than
the above, easily doable even in a vhost non-root situation (as long as
you have the allowoverride permissions) and you could extract whatever
info you like.

If you're running mod_perl, here's one possible solution:

http://search.cpan.org/~gozer/Apache-AutoIndex-0.08/AutoIndex.pm

For PHP, here's another:

http://autoindex.sourceforge.net/index.php?id=features

Amazing what two minutes worth of google can get you.

HTH, YMMV, TIA

-Dan

> OK, go to http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons.  See how there are sortable column
headings named "Name", "Last modified", "Size", and "Description"?  I want to add one but
it sounds like you are saying that that is not possible.  Hope that's clear.

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH