httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony Browne" <aabro...@widernet.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxying basic authentication
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:11:58 GMT
Can anyone tell me how to proxy authentication requests? The problem I'm
having is that I serve a LAN from a disk drive and forward (proxy) any
requests for content on remote servers. I cache the content that returns.
The problem is that some users request content from sites that require basic
authentication (not https). Currently if such a site is contacted, a
username/password dialog pops up but when the info is entered and OK is hit,
the dialog just pops up again and the request is not forwarded. This happens
three times and then it delivers an error (not authorized). Can anyone give
me some hints on how to get Apache to handle this basic authentication?
Thanks.