httpd-users mailing list archives

From Doug Lipman <d...@storydynamics.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSI functions to compare dates?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:40:31 GMT
Thanks so much! I'll try PHP by the file.
Doug
>On 7/25/05, Doug Lipman <doug@storydynamics.com> wrote:
>>  Thanks so much, Joshua, for your helpful reply.
>>
>>  When you say,
>>  >>First, it is not necessary to rename your files to use PHP.  PHP can
>>  >be configured to work on any extension, not just .php
>>
>>  I take it that you mean I can configure PHP to parse all .html files
>>  in a web directory, by using an .htaccess file. If I do that, will I
>>  run the risk of a major slow-down of my site?
>
>You can also put a <Files> section inside an .htaccess file that
>activates php only for a single file.  If you do that, you probably
>wouldn't see any significant speed decrease.  And in any case, I'd
>guess that the difference between ssi and simple php probably isn't
>huge anyway.
>
>Joshua.

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 521165, Tulsa, OK 74152
Phone: (918) 712-7336. Fax: (206) 202-7719. Toll-free: (888) 446-4738
Story DynamicsĂ…: workshops, performances, coaching

Web page: http://www.storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)

Upcoming workshops: http://www.storydynamics.com/upcoming
The Soul of Hope: http://www.SoulOfHope.net
The Hasidic Stories Home Page: http://www.HasidicStories.com