httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sascha Kersken" ...@lingoworld.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication against Windows domain for Apache on Linux
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:58:39 GMT
Hi,

unfortunately, you didn't write what version of Windows Server you are
using. If you are running Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 as an
Active Directory domain controller, mod_auth_ldap works just fine.

Regards
Sascha

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom DSilva" <tomdsilva@gmail.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:39 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Authentication against Windows domain for Apache on
Linux

Hello all,

We have a Windows file server with some shared folders. We have a web
server running Apache on Suse. We want to give access to the shared
folders via the web server only to the valid Windows users. We can not
use the normal authenication techniques commonly used in Apache like
basic, authentication, dbm, or LDAP.

I wanted to know if there is any way to authenticate users against a
Windows domain on Apache running in Linux? I couln't find any useful
information on Google. Can anyone point me the appropriate resources?

TIA,
Tom