httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Gushlow <nick.gush...@westcoast.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:04:29 GMT
First off thanks for your help, I clicked reply not reply all before so
I wanted to say thanks publicly so I don't look too ungrateful. :-)

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 10:57 +0200, Krist van Besien wrote:

> > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*abbey(.*)
>
> A better way to "short circuit" is just to add a
>
> RewriteRule  .*abbey.*    -   [L]
>
> before the existing rule. This keeps the URL unchanged.

That rule didn't work for me and stopped the other rule working
correctly.

I need to get my test server back up got it down for other purposes atm,
then I'll get some logs posted to show what happened.

Nick