httpd-users mailing list archives

From s...@conman.org (Sean Conner)
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: How to solve this descriptor problem on solaris
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:28:00 GMT
It was thus said that the Great Harald Falkenberg once stated:

> Hallo,
>
> thank you for your help. Have you or someone else an idea what causes such
> a high use of file descriptors? How can I monitor the usage of file
> descriptors and see what kind of files are related to them?

  How many sites are being served by Apache?  And do each have their own
access_log *and* error_log?  How many connections are typically made to the
server?

  If you are running under Linux, you can, from the command line, do

	GenericUnixPrompt# cd /proc/<pid-of-apache-instance>/fd
	GenericUnixPrompt# ls-l

  And see all the filehandles currently in use and what they referr to.

  -spc (only have one error_log for the entire server)