httpd-users mailing list archives

From Khoa Nguyen <khoa.cof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Host header field: How is it enforced or not at all?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:54:46 GMT
Thanks for your quick response. I have tried to configure two name-based
virtual hosts on my server machine: server5.com <http://server5.com> and
server6.com <http://server6.com>. In the request, I specified "Host:
whatever.com <http://whatever.com>". The server still sends a page back from
server5.com <http://server5.com>. How do I enforce the server to send some
negative message (e.g. 404 Not Found) back to the client if the Host: field
value is not configured on the server as a virtual host?

Thanks,
Khoa