httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Gonsman <s...@abovemedia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Recompliing Apache, no config.smile found
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:22:14 GMT
> /usr/sbin/httpd -V will tell you the configuration parameters used
> during compilation.

Too late, files have been overwritten now (this always happens to me!)

> Get the sources, cd into it, use ./configure --with-layout=RedHat,
> this should give you the default you're looking for. Be aware that
> an up2date could overwrite your installation this way.

Trying this now.

> The two things should not be connected, unless you have some modules
> in apache that are tied into MySQL.
>
> Now explain CORRECTLY what you mean when you say "does not work".

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into server:
libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
[FAILED]

> Fedora? On a SERVER?

Is this wrong?  It seems like most servers come with it.

>>install from the CD puts apache files all over the place,
>

> See config.layout to see where the files are.

No such file found.

-Sean

--
Sean Gonsman