httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:45:20 GMT
What version of Apache are you running?

Try adding
 DirectoryIndex index.html
to your configuration and restart the server. If you get an error, you do not have mod_dir
loaded. You can also check your LoadModule directives for one loading mod_dir, or do httpd
-l to see if it is statically linked into the httpd binary. You can also do GET http://myhost.foo.bar/server-info
and look for the mod_dir configuration (if you have that moduled installed...)

I am using Apache 2.0.54 and it works perfectly. I set up a test VH to test the rules I posted
previously. I replaced abbey with manual and did GET http://labelle16.foo.bar:81/manual. Got
a redirection (HTTP 301) to http://labelle16.foo.bar:81/manual/ and the manual index page
was displayed.

The rewrite rules are not the cause of your problem.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Gushlow [mailto:nick.gushlow@westcoast.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 1:04 PM
To: Krist van Besien
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem

First off thanks for your help, I clicked reply not reply all before so I wanted to say thanks
publicly so I don't look too ungrateful. :-)

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 10:57 +0200, Krist van Besien wrote:

> > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*abbey(.*)
>
> A better way to "short circuit" is just to add a
>
> RewriteRule  .*abbey.*    -   [L]
>
> before the existing rule. This keeps the URL unchanged.

That rule didn't work for me and stopped the other rule working correctly.

I need to get my test server back up got it down for other purposes atm, then I'll get some
logs posted to show what happened.

Nick