httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Cat <stry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and PHP cause Internal Server Errors
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:34:59 GMT
On 8/22/05, Christopher Malton <cjm@cjmweb.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
  The specifics are as follows:

> Gateway Tower PC, Pentium 2 processor.
> 128MB RAM (We think.  We know it's either 64 or 128)

How can you not know what is in your  box?

> Win 98 SE

Win 98SE was great, but now it is time to move on.  Not even MS will
support it now.  I highly recommend one of the major Linux distros or
FreeBSD.  They'll run fine on that old hardware of yours.  If you go
with a MS OS, then you'll need to upgrade your hardware too.

> PHPTriad installer installed:
>     Apache 1.3.3
>     PHP 4.1.0
>     MySQL 3.??

This setup is starting to become dated as well.  When you upgrade the
OS, go ahead and move to Apache2.x, PHP 5.x, and MySQL 4.x

> The forum was self-written.

Are you sure there isn't a bug in the forum?  There are plenty of
Forum packages out there, you might want to look into using one of
them.