httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gonzales, Youn" <ygonza...@medassets.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Premature end of script headers
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:53:37 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.54 on Fedora (2.6.12-1.1398_FC4) and just
installed Big Sister.

I created a ScriptAlias directory called /bigsis/cgi/ with exactly the
same options as the existing cgi-bin directory, but when I place a perl
script in that directory it will not run. The errors in the httpd error
log show:

Permission denied: exec of '/blahblahblah' failed
Premature end of script headers: blahblahblah

I can su to apache and run the script fine, and if I put the script into
the cgi-bin directory it runs fine.

I added the Options ExecCGI, disabled suexec and even tried making
cgi-bin a symlink to bigsis/cgi, but it still doesn't work. Perm's on
the script are 755.

I searched the archives and googled for a solution and tried just about
everything I found, but cannot resolve the issue. Thanks in advance for
any help.

>From httpd.conf:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
ScriptAlias /bigsis/cgi/ "/var/www/cgi/"

<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/cgi">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None		## I have tried ExecCGI as well
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Here is the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "<html><body><h1>Hello</h1></body></html>\n";

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers"