httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Mcallister <smcal...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Password Issue
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:52:03 GMT
Hi, I have two directories, but of which are password protected in a similar
manner, though the username/password for each is different. One directory
behaves like I expect, and prompts you for a password when you first go to
it, then keeps you authenticated while you go to various links in the
directory. The other, however, prompts for the password everytime you click
on a link or even refresh the page. The permissions in both the directories
are the same, as are the permissions on the .htaccess and .htpasswd files
(which reside in the same directory) Does anyone know what would cause this?