httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gerrit van der Kolk" <gvdk...@cordys.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache forward proxy download problem
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:01:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing a problem when using apache with mod_proxy module configured
as forward proxy.

Downloads fail more often than there successful. Especially large
downloads(10MB+), but also the small ones.

I have tried to use different combinations of configurations to
eliminate the problem, but the problem is still there.

The problem is reproducible on different hardware, 2 different linux
versions( Redhat Enterprise 3 and Redhat Enterprise 4) and different
apache versions(2.0 and I also tried the 2.1 alpha version). I also
tried to compile mod_proxy support into apache, not with modules. That
doesn't make the difference.

Things I see in the error_log of apache 2.1 are:

(104)Connection reset by peer: proxy: error reading response

error_log of apache 2.0:

[notice] child pid 20653 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

and

[Fri Aug 12 15:02:51 2005] [notice] child pid 431 exit signal Abort (6)

I added a rule to the apache configuration to force the use of http-1.0
and not to use keepalives, but downloads still fail.

Apache is compiled with mpm=worker

Does anyone have a solution for this? Or is this maybe a bug in
apache/mod_proxy?

Regards,

Gerrit

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.