httpd-users mailing list archives

From PMilan...@nypl.org
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Recompliing Apache, no config.smile found
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:02:47 GMT
Fedora is nothing more than a sanctioned carry-forth of former Redhat
development. There is no declaration on what platform it has to be used.
Let us not forget that it is nothing more than a linux distribution.
Personally I do not care for the RH Enterprise stuff, and I am certain
that others have the same sentiment.

-P

>> Fedora? On a SERVER?
>

> Is this wrong?  It seems like most servers come with it.

It may be, but fedora is not a server system. Is a workstation system
and even as it, it is under constant development.
Server systems are installed with Redhat Enterprise Server, or their
free equivalent as CentOS