httpd-users mailing list archives

From Grønn Demon <webmas...@groenndemon.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Win32DisableAcceptEx
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:24:04 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Double check - FYI the AV products which do inject a filter into the
> socket stack don't automagically 'remove' themselves when they are
> turned off... they just don't do scanning.

Well... I right-clicked the system-tray icon and selected "exit control
program", which removed the icon. Of course that description is pretty,
but it looked like the scanner program really had quit.

> Stick with Win32DisableAcceptEx and you are
> fine, or feel free to let us know if you discover whatever application
> had interfered.

The worst thing is that OpenSSH doesn't run anymore :-/.
Maybe they have an idea, I'll ask on their mailing list.

-Marvin