httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sri <gsridha...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] urgent help needed for name based virtual hosts configuration problem
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:06:09 GMT
Hi,

I am configuring name based virtual hosts in my apache2 server.I have created a group and
username called bahu and i have configured the virtual host as follows

#-------------------------
# Name-Based Virtual Host
#-------------------------
NameVirtualHost x.x.x.x
<VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
User bahu
Group bahu
ServerAdmin email
DocumentRoot /home/www/
ServerName www.domai.com
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/isetan/error.log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/isetan/access.log
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/www/user/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /home/www/user/cgi-bin>
Options None
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

When i try to restart the apache server i am getting the following error in this error line
54 is

User bahu
Group bahu

Error message

Forcing reload of web server: Apache2 ... failed!
You may still have some apache2 processes running.  There are
processes named 'apache2' which do not match your pid file,
and in the name of safety, we've left them alone.  Please review
the situation by hand.
Syntax error on line 54 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
User cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section

Can some one tell me where i am going wrong.If i want to configure Name-Based Virtual Host
with perticular user,group is there any other settings i need to check.

Thanks for your help