httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Lazic <al-httpdus...@none.at>
Subject [users@httpd] Rfi (Request for ideas ;-)
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:26:02 GMT
Hi,

we have the following requirement.

We have a 2-Tier achitechure witch looks like:

  +----------+
  | Web-Tier |
  +----------+

  +----------+
  | App-Tier |
  +----------+

The webserver apache is configured to prevent calls to the app-tier
by serving html-Files if they can be found locally on the webserver.

Otherwise (if the Files do not exist locally) the request-url will be
changed (file-extension to application-server-extension) and
passed-through to the app-tier.

Our solution at the moment is:

---
.
.
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/index\.html !-s
RewriteRule /index\.html /index\.jsp [PT]
.
.
---

I think there is a 'better' solution out there, isn't it?

I assume that these conditions make apache a little bit slower, because
apache looks on every request on the disk, we have 23 of these
statements.

Does anybody have some nice ideas to prevent that many *stat() calls?

Thanx

Alex ;-)