httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Blondel" <vinc...@xtra-net.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache Read/Write permissions problems ???
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:36:19 GMT

I did not mention any LockFile directive in httpd.conf, so I defined it and it works now :)

Thanks a lot
Vincent

> Check your AcceptMutex setting. You are probably using the flock or fcntl method and
the lock file is owned by root. Therefore Apache
> is now unable to lock the resource. Unless you have explicitly specified LockFile, you
should find the lock file under
> SERVER_ROOT/logs/accept.lock
>
> -ascs

team without giving them the root password
> - httpd process can run safely with only write access on the directories where it is
absolutely needed ( log, run , ... )

> The package is now ready but I get some problems. When I run apachectl as root user,
process httpd runs correctly but when I run it as