httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:56:00 GMT
The two messages are perfectly normal. The first warns you that you have not configured the
SSL Session Cache which probably means that your clients will need to renegotiate the SSL
session for every TCP connection. The second one is just an enumeration of versions...

Could your problem be that you have configured your httpd for SSL (HTTPS) only ? In that case
try https://localhost/

Or could it be that you have configured a Listen directive specifying another port than 80
?

I suggest you try "netstat -an | grep LISTEN" and look for binds on ports 80 and 443, or any
other port you may have configured Apache for. Take a look at the Listen directives in your
configuration. Determine whether they are served by a virtual host in which "SSLengine On"...

-ascs

________________________________

From: Uzo Madujibeya [mailto:uzomadu@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:28 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost

I have recently installed 2.1.8 with SSL support. I have specifed the ssl.conf file to access
the server.crt and server.key within the ssl.key folder. When I start apache with

./apachectl start I get the following message in the error logs:

[Thu Oct 27 19:06:12 2005] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Thu Oct 27 19:06:12 2005] [notice] Apache/2.1.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.1.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_jk/1.2.14
configured -- resuming normal operations

When I try nd access apache from a browser http://localhost I get the following error message:

The connection was refuesed when attempting to contact localhost

I have to say I am stumped with this one as I can see nothing in the logs to indicate that
there is a problem. Any ideas anyone?

Uzo