httpd-users mailing list archives

From Greg Thomas <thoma...@omc.bt.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs - fatal: libldap50.so: open failed
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:54:00 GMT
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:31:09 +0200, Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:

>I guess one possibility would be to replace your piped log with command with
> CustomLog "|( . /export/home/svnuser/apache/bin/envvars ;
> /export/home/svnuser/apache/bin/rotatelogs /var/log/access_log 86400 ) " combined

Hmm, quite like that solution. In the end, I just added symbolic links
in the apache/lib directory to the missing libraries in
/usr/local/iplanet/lib.
>A more elegant solution might be to recompile (or just re-link) rotatelogs
>with the link flag "-R/usr/local/iplanet/lib". That should add the path
>to the binary's link path.

That's no doubt the best solution. Next time I recompile, I shall try
to remember that. Though I can't help wondering if the ./configure
script should do this for me. After all, I've already had to tell it
to include that directory to get the files to compile and link, it
would make sense for it to work out that it's going to need that
directory when I run them, too!

Greg
--
This post represents the views of the author and does
not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT.