httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache stalling when serving certain files
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:30:27 GMT
On 10/15/05, Anders Bruun Olsen <anders@bruun-olsen.net> wrote:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:54:05 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:44:14 GMT
> ETag: "2749c1-ab70f-c9407780"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> And then nothing more happens. Again this is only with some pictures,
> although it seems to have spread - all of a sudden a large number of
> picture-files are unable to be transfered via Apache.

If I had to guess, I would say you have something in your gentoo
install that is messing things up.  I'd start by stripping out all
non-essential modules.

Then you'll need to do some more detailed debugging.  Isolate the
process that is stalling (using mod_status if necessary) and then
attach to it with strace and a debugger.

Joshua.