httpd-users mailing list archives

From gregory duchesnes <greg...@icilalune.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite mass virtual hosting and aliases
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:23:47 GMT
Beware, mail crossing ;)

I'm beginning to understand your logic, though i don't see why it should
be faster since you do a lookup in vhost.map for each request.
In the case aliases are used only once in a while it could even be slower.

But, if i follow your idea, and since mapping are cached, the best
performance might be achieved with 2 maps, one for the master domain and
one for the aliases with something, no system access in this case, am i
right?

Greg