httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV can't find _vti_inf.html, _vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:48:05 GMT
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Eddy Ilg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> error.log:
> [Sun Dec  4 12:55:13 2005] [error] [client 62.206.18.42] File does not
> exist: /home/eddy/spider/_vti_inf.html
> [Sun Dec  4 12:55:13 2005] [error] [client 62.206.18.42] File does not
> exist: /home/eddy/spider/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
> [Sun Dec  4 12:55:13 2005] [error] [client 62.206.18.42] File does not
> exist: /home/eddy/spider/_vti_inf.html
> [Sun Dec  4 12:55:13 2005] [error] [client 62.206.18.42] File does not
> exist: /home/eddy/spider/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
>
> access.log:
> 62.206.18.42 - - [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" 401
> 484 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600"
> 62.206.18.42 - - [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" 401
> 484 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600"
> 62.206.18.42 - eddy [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "GET /_vti_inf.html
> HTTP/1.1" 404 294 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MS FrontPage 6.0)"
> 62.206.18.42 - eddy [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "POST
> /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc HTTP/1.1" 404 308 "-" "MSFrontPage/6.0"
> 62.206.18.42 - eddy [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "GET /_vti_inf.html
> HTTP/1.1" 404 294 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MS FrontPage 6.0)"
> 62.206.18.42 - eddy [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "POST
> /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc HTTP/1.1" 404 308 "-" "MSFrontPage/6.0"
> 62.206.18.42 - eddy [04/Dec/2005:13:11:10 +0100] "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1"
> 200 - "-" "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider Protocol
> Discovery"
>
> When trying to connect Windows tells me the specified folder is not valid.
>
> What's this _vti_bin stuff? I checked write permissions to the share and
> they work (via su www-data).
>
Windows Web Folders or whatever Windows client you are using first
attempts to connect using MS FrontPage (_vti* stuff) when it cannot Web
Folders will try using WebDAV. So these 404's are mormal for a Windows DAV
client access.


----------------------------------------
"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message