httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bgs <...@bgs.hu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Dynamic config parameters
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:26:14 GMT

  Thanks for you reply! :)

>>>I have multiple webservers wich are loadbalanced. They only differ in
>>>their IP and a unique virtualhost used for testing.
>>>(site.com/www.site.com is common, web01.site.com is unique).
>>>
>>>Is there a way to create az includable config in which these numbers are
>>>dynamic parameters?
>>>
>>>Like: <VirtualHost %I>
>>>Where %I is the IP number (take from where?). Or is it possible to use
>>>some environment variable?
>

> It's not possible in general with the default server.
>
> It is possible:
> 1. Using third-party modules available from http://modules.apache.org/
> 2. Using a config pre-processor like m4
> 3. In many specific cases using the default modules, but you'd need to
> specify exactly what kinds of configs you need.

What I have:

Several frontends, with different IPs. They hold several vhosts and are
loadbalanced. So they have virtualhost entries for an external IP, the
main fqdn for the specific site, and some aliases including a
webXX.domain.com stile name for testing individual frontends... (for
example web01.domain.com, web02.domain.com, etc.).

They only differ in their IP and the XX in webXX. I'd like to have a
main configuration (possibly included from a network share) for all
frontends. So my config would look simething like:

<VirtualHost %IP>
  ServerName domain.com
  ServerAlias www.domain.com web%NUM.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

I hope this clarifies. I will skim through the addon link you sent me
though.

Bye
Bgs