httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arnau <arnaul...@andromeiberica.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to avoid the duplication of file?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:14:54 GMT
Hi all,

   I have 10 different sites written in php running on linux, each of
them is quite big (some of them with more than 1000 scripts). Theses
sites share the most part of the scripts, I'd say that more of the 95%
of the code is shared among all of them. The problem I have is when I
upload a new version of some file, I have to update all the 10 sites.
I'd like to have the files in just one place and then create links, so
it'd be necessary just to update the files in one place. I was thinking
in creating hard links but you can't create them on directories, and
create a symbolic link for each file is a pain. What you'd recommend me?
I think a lot of people already has had this problem.

Cheers!
--
Arnau