httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wang, Sherwin X." <Sherwin.W...@gs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Can a new directive RemoveOutputFilterByType be added?
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:44:53 GMT
I am using mod_deflate to compress output contents. I'd tried to
compress everything except PDF etc. using SetOutputFilter. But the
configuration based on file extension in URI, SetEnvIfNoCase, will not
work because the PDF is generated dynamically with URL
http://foo.com/getReport?type=pdf. I had also tried not to compress
anything but the specified MIME types using AddOutputFilterByType. But a
tedious list of types has to be maintained. Is there any way to do it
better?

Combining merits of above two methods suggest a solution. Use
SetOutputFilter to compress everything, use SetEnvIfNoCase to exclude
gif etc., and use "RemoveOutputFilterByType", an opposite operation of
AddOutputFilterByType, to exclude PDF. Can a new directive
RemoveOutputFilterByType be added to Apache?

Thanks,
Sherwin