httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Session handling when Time is changed on the machine where apache http server is running
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:46:17 GMT
 I should have written: it's probably not due to the Apache server. Changing the real-time
clock of a server, especially setting the clock back to some time in the past, may cause some
strange behaviours.

When you say that you loose connection to the server, could you be more precise about the
symptoms? Have you looked for clues in the Apache access and error logs? What happens if you
telnet to the HTTP port of the Apache server (telnet www.my.server.com 80) and type the following
lines:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.my.server.com
Connection: close

(make sure to press "Enter" twice after the last line)

Does the server respond?

Why would you need to change the time of the server ?

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:33 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Session handling when Time is changed on the machine where apache
http server is running

Apache has no sessions. Apache knows nothing about your Javascript. If you experience problems
with connection to the Apache server, it is probably not due to the server, but to the client.
It is possible that a client that receives a document containing a Date header which is way
off will feel a little uneasy. I have never tested this.

-ascs