httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] proxy only asp files
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:07:20 GMT
The directory layout stuff can be solved using a relatively simple rewrite rule:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/([^/]+)/(.*) /home/$1/public-html/$2

You could even enhance it so that it does the rewrite only if the user home directory actually
exists:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond /home/$1/public-html -d
RewriteRule ^/([^/]+)/(.*) /home/$1/public-html/$2

Don't forget:

<DirectoryMatch /home/[^/]+/public-html/>
	Allow from all
	Order Deny,Allow
</DirectoryMatch>

or something allowing Apache to serve documents from the home directories.

With respect to your default document, I did not really get your point, but I am sure that
this can be dealt with using mod_rewrite.

-ascs