httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] rewrite and virtualdocumentroot question
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:37:04 GMT
Your requirements are spinning around in my head and I am a little confused :-) but if that's
what you need, your rules seem good to me.

You can trace every step of the rewriting process in the rewrite log, so you should easily
be able to adjust your rules according to what you observe in the logs.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary W. Smith [mailto:gary@primeexalia.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:31 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] rewrite and virtualdocumentroot question

This is what I ended up with and it seems to be working great.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^users.domain.tld$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/horde*$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/mail*$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^/([^\/]+)(.*)$ /exports/home/domain.tld/users/prefix_$1$2 [L]

All of the other domains seem to be unaffected by this and work as expected.  Does this look
correct?