httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache performance figures on 2.4.19 kernel
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:35:05 GMT

Did you look at ab (see in apache bin directory)?

> I tried using a simple ssl client and a test module which
> blocks in a select call infinetly. By running this client in
> a loop, I can get only 1016 simultaneous connections.

"only"? How many were you expecting? Do you think the number of apache threads will be your
server limit? What about the bandwidth of your internet connection?

> After
> that Apache crashes with error " [alert] (11)Resource
> temporarily unavailable: apr_thread_create: unable to create
> worker thread".

Are you sure apache actually crashes (ie, the process disappears from the process table, you
get a core dump and a message in the error log)? If you kill your clients, does apache come
back?

What are you expecting to happen?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Regards,
> Satinder Singh
>

> The information contained in this electronic mail
> transmission may be privileged and confidential, and
> therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
> without copying or disclosing it.

the sender's company.